From Custom Scriptz
This module is free?
- No, this module is available at our scripts store.
This module is supported by Zen Cart Team?
- No, we support this module.
This module will overwrite any of my files?
- Actually, it does not overwrite, but take place of 5 core files from Zen Cart.
- Allows your customers (or designers) to see disabled products.
Before Installing / Upgrading
Thought our modules are exhausted tested, we do not guarantee that everything goes smoothly, so please, BACKUP YOUR DATABASE AND FILES before proceed.
- Extract the module file that you downloaded from our Customers Area to a temp dir on your computer.
- Inside the extracted dir, you will notice one dir called "uploads".
- If your "admin" directory has a different name, rename the dir "admin" dir that's inside the "uploads" dir to match yours.
- Now, upload all the contents of the dir "uploads" to the root of your store. Don't upload the "uploads" dir, but what's inside of it.
- Now go to Replace Files
- Follow the installation instructions above.
- Go to "/admin/" and rename the file "customers.php" to "customers-backup.php"
- Go to "/admin/" and rename the file "customers.php.new" to "customers.php"
- Go to "/admin/includes/modules/" and rename the file "category_product_listing.php" to "category_product_listing-backup.php"
- Go to "/admin/includes/modules/" and rename the file "category_product_listing.php.new" to "category_product_listing.php"
- Note: if you have Free Gifts installed, you'll have to merge the shopping cart file below using a comparison tool like WinMerge
- Go to "/includes/classes/" and rename the file "shopping_cart.php" to "shopping_cart-backup.php".
- Go to "/includes/classes/" and rename the file "shopping_cart.php.new" to "shopping_cart.php".
- Note: if your product page is different than "product_info", rename the files accordingly.
- Go to "/includes/modules/pages/product_info/" and rename the file "header_php.php" to "header_php-backup.php".
- Go to "/includes/modules/pages/product_info/" and rename the file "header_php.php.new" to "header_php.php".
- Go to "/includes/modules/pages/product_info/" and rename the file "main_template_vars.php" to "main_template_vars-backup.php".
- Go to "/includes/modules/pages/product_info/" and rename the file "main_template_vars.php.new" to "main_template_vars.php".
- If you changed any of the files mentioned above, you will need a comparison tool like WinMerge to see what's different in both files and merge the differences.
- Go to Customers -> Customers. Search for a customer and change "Can see Hidden Products?" to "Yes".
- Then the customer will be able to checkout the product even if it's disabled.
- To see the link of the product, go to Catalog -> Categories/Products -> You'll notice a yellow "L" icon, right click on it and copy the link, which will be the link to the store and send to the customer.
Got Questions, Bugs or Requests? http://customscriptz.com/support